We have developed a set of procedures and regulations for Band Camp based on recommendations from the CDC, the Georgia Music Educators Association, the National Federation of State High School Associations Music Committee, and the Georgia High School Association. Things will be quite different, but we’re going to make it work as best as we can.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of all students, parent chaperones, and staff. The following procedures and regulations are not up for debate and are non-negotiable. If anyone violates any of the procedures, we will immediately shut down Band Camp and cancel any remaining time.
BAND CAMP PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS:
BAND CAMP PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS:
- If you are choosing to do the Virtual Program from home through CHS or CMS this semester, you can still be a part of the Marching Hornets and attend Band Camp, after-school practices, & performances. If you are being home schooled, you will not be able to participate in band this school year.
- If you are showing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to anyone who is sick or has had a positive test within 14 days, you are NOT TO ATTEND PRACTICE. If you are unsure of the symptoms, please click here or go to the CDC website for the current list. If you can not attend practice, please contact us by email, Remind message, or Facebook message (no calls please, we need something in writing), and we will continue to hold your spot. If you are not having any symptoms and have not been exposed to anyone who is sick or with a positive COVID-19 test, please DO attend all rehearsals.
- Due to state and GHSA regulations, we are limited to a maximum of 50 participants, so we are modifying the schedule and splitting up the group. All practices will be held at our practice field. We will be using the same field as last year, which is behind the school on the opposite end of the campus from the new stadium.
- Week 1: Tuesday July 21st and Wednesday July 22nd
Rookies & Officers 5p-7p
Visual Unit 7p-9p
- Week 2: Monday July 27th through Thursday July 30th
Mon. 7/27: Woodwinds/VU 5p-7p, Brass/Percussion 7p-9p.
Tue. 7/28: Brass & Percussion 5p-7p, Woodwinds/VU 7p-9p
Wed. 7/29: Side 1 5p-7p, Side 2 7p-9p
Thu. 7/20: Side 2 5p-7p, Side 1 7p-9p
- SIDE 1 and SIDE 2 will be determined on Monday 7/27 & Tuesday 7/28 BRASS = trumpet, mellophone, trombone, baritone, tenor/bari sax, bass clarinet, and tuba. WOODWIND = flute, clarinet, alto sax, and mallets.
- We will be entering the building as little as possible, so we will not be utilizing the instrument storage room in the band room. The only students allowed in the building will be those who play larger school-owned instruments such as tuba and percussion, and then only 2 students at a time. Other students will bring their instrument from home and take it back when we are done and not store it in the building. There is to be NO SHARING of any equipment at any time for any reason.
- Students should come directly to the practice field at the beginning of practice and leave directly from the practice field at the end. Students will be temperature screened upon arrival, and any student with a temperature of 100.4° or higher will not be allowed to stay at practice and will need to leave campus immediately. Parents who drop students off are required to wait until their child has been screened before leaving.
- Masks will be required before practice, after practice, and during breaks, and must be worn properly by covering both your mouth and nose. Students will be placed on the field at 4 step intervals for rehearsal, and once you are in your rehearsal spot, you may remove your mask during practice time as long as you stay in your spot.
- You must keep a 6 foot distance from others at all times.
- You must bring your own water bottle, as we are not allowed to provide water buckets and cups. Water fountains and drink/snack machines will be unplugged and off limits.
- We will have as much hand sanitizer available as possible, but you are encouraged to bring your own.
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes early to practice, and you must depart the campus within 10 minutes of the end of practice. We will end on time, so parents must be punctual for student pick up.
- Students should use the restroom at home before coming to the school, as restrooms will be available ONLY for emergency needs, and no more than two students at a time while maintaining a distance of 6 feet.
- In the event of rain, camp will be cancelled or immediately dismissed. Parents should stay aware of the weather, as well as being connected to us through Remind, Facebook, or Twitter for updates.
(Edited 7/20 to remove percussion from the "Week 1".)