Sunday, July 12, 2020

Brief Update on Band Camp & Officers

This is just a brief update regarding Band Camp and officers.

I told you in the last update that we may have to make modifications to the schedule, and that is definitely now the case. I have also put together a list of restrictions and guidelines that we will strictly follow for safety. I know that Band Camp is just over a week away, and I haven't yet posted the schedule & guidelines, but not only has the situation been fluid and developing over the last couple of weeks, but I also want to get administrator approval to assure that we are within state & local standards. I will follow up with a detailed post as soon as I get the go-ahead from administrators (hopefully tomorrow, Monday 7/13).

I have gone through all of the officer applications, and Mr. Fortner and I have gone through all of the Drum Major submissions, so that information is ready to be posted. I plan to make that info live tomorrow on the website's Awards & Officers page, and I will send out a Remind/Facebook/Twitter message when it is online.

Positive numbers appear to be growing rapidly in Cook County, so remember to keep your distance, wear a mask, and wash and sanitize your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Neff Jacket Rep & Practices

NEFF JACKET REP : A reminder that Mike Faulkner, the Neff Jacket representative, will be in the Band Room on Tuesday August 18th from 3:30p-...